The Block Watch program provides individuals and groups of people with the tools and knowledge they need to support safe, healthy and socially rich neighborhoods.
- Neighbours watch out for neighbours.
- Families in a designated area form a communication chain aided by a block map of names, telephone numbers and addresses.
- Some groups arrange a patrol by those members who walk their dogs in the neighborhood on a regular basis (Citizen on Patrol)
- Participants meet yearly to organize and get acquainted.
- Each group has a Captain trained in the philosophy and practices of Block Watch.